Thursday, December 20, 2007

For the series "Delicacies from Naples", now on air : Struffoli !

By Puntino

Last time I spoke about Baba, which I called the "King of the sweets" now I'm going to write about the little princes of the sweets, Struffoli.
They are homemade sweets cooked only at Christmas time and their recipe is easy and needs few ingredients: eggs, honey, flour, strong liquor (e.g. limoncello).
After making the dough, you shape it in little balls which will be fried.
At the end of the process you'll get little gold tasty balls that you'll wet with hot honey and dust with colored
confectioners' sugar.
The rumor says that their origins are Greek and their name means "cut as little balls".
Listen to me, after you pick the first Struffolo, you
will not be able to stop eating them and sooner or later you'll pick another one, another one yet and so on.... your fingers will be covered with honey and you take pleasure in licking them...I love them

Thank Zsofia for correcting me

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God!!! the Struffoli are gorgeus and i'm going to make it for this Xmas. it'll will be a xmas more sweet with these since i'll be here for Xmas!

Puntino said...

Where are you from, Quasar?

Anonymous said...

i'm fron Naples... but i'm living in Dublin 8. so, for Xmas i made the struffoli... a lot of struffoli :))

Puntino said...

@quasar
merry Christmas

Why this Blog?

"I opened this Blog,
the English version of Aviatore Sopra Il Mare,

to improve my English writing skills according with my friend Puntino.
Now he has his own Blog but the target remain the same.
Improve my English."

TopGun