Sunday, January 6, 2008

Episode III: Learning a foreign language by Dave's ESL Cafè


By TopGun

In my first Year at University there was a good English teacher.
His name was Roy Boardman.

I liked his way to do.
He often used new media and innovative methods to teach English.
One of these was, obviously, online resources.

He gave us a list of links.
One of these was Dave's ESL Cafe.

Dave's ESL Cafè is "a meeting place for ESL teachers and students".
ESL means English as Second Language if you don't knew this.

It contains a lot of useful links, didactic materials,podcasts,forum links and a good frequented chatroom.
In Dave's ESL Cafè chatroom you can practice English with beginners as you are, and ask for help from ESL teachers.

There is only one thing to do.
Try it and let me know what you think about.



See you Fellows ;)

I thank guusebumps for his corrections.

4 comments:

Puntino said...

Finally!
I have waited for your comment for a long time.
I'll take a look at your English community!
Well done

Puntino said...

Top, I already knew Davi's cafe (I took a look at it for learning phrasal verbs)I joined the English chat which is nice but there were a few members (about 5 students and any teacher).
I should try it again.
Cheers

TopGun said...

It depends on when you join it!
Sometimes is over croweded someother there are onlu few members :)

Puntino said...

it might be

Why this Blog?

"I opened this Blog,
the English version of Aviatore Sopra Il Mare,

to improve my English writing skills according with my friend Puntino.
Now he has his own Blog but the target remain the same.
Improve my English."

TopGun